A single mom and the lockdown

Some sample thoughts on the road to radical acceptance:

  • No daycare and no one to help look after the kid. Sounds hard, but most of my jobs are cancelled anyway and this could actually be fun.
  • Playing "put the stick next to the other stick" is no fun at all after about 3 minutes. There must be something to do that we both enjoy.
  • What is the word for not being the focus of attention for a minute? Privacy?




  • Maybe letting him destroy the bathroom is a small price to pay for a few minutes to myself.
  • Maybe letting him destroy the kitchen is a small price to pay for a few minutes to myself.
  • Most of the walls have drawings on them already. And anyway it is a small price to pay for a few minutes to myself.
  • Maybe watching Paw Petrol together makes it more of an activity.
  • I hate Paw Petrol.


  • Netflix is the best thing ever, he'll be fine.
  • It would be so great if I could go for a run or something BY MYSELF. He will probably still be alive when I get back.
  • When did hitting your offspring go out of fashion?
And eventually
  • Radical acceptance: I have finally learned to completely block any outside stimuli and I will sit here like a zombie until daycare re-opens.