Sound of the Past

I just got a package with CDs from the 90s, that I managed to store somewhere and didn't lose immediately. Strange to think, that not so long ago we had to rely on CDs or even LPs and MCs to get our music. Of course, in the 90s I immediately transfered the CD to MiniDisk and I was inconsolable for a long time that this soundwise so superiour technology was replaced by MP3s. Of course, they are a lot more convenient. But one day I hope soundquality will become more important again and something new will be developed. Among my old CDs I found Tin Machine, David Bowie's band project. A project underrated and extinct, just like MDs. I Can't Read is a really interesting song, that seems to have followed me in the back of my brain throughout the 90s. Finally I am able to place it, re-live it consciously, adjust its message for a post-md new millenium. Who needs a therapist.