German language

Parallel to serving up balls, I recently also started a few other freelance endeavors. The freelance travel journalism gig seemed like a rewarding project, but it turned out that travels for journalists take place mainly before or after the desirable holiday season, which means that there really is no work in summer. But after having written a few articles I noticed a surprising affection for the German language and its peculiarities. I decided to share these oddities and delightful inconsistencies with others and to thereby promote cultural understanding and in the long run maybe even worldpeace etc. And so I began giving German lessons. Only a few lessons later I came to understand that the irregularities and oddities I treasure so much are appreciated by foreigners to a much lesser extent. In fact, after 2 weeks I am beginning to feel personal responsibility and even slight guilt, when after a lengthy explanation of mine on the nature of a grammatical structure a student attempts a perfectly logical variation on this very structure. And I must follow it with a second lengthy explanation of why, in this case, about ten extremely subtle points require a completely different sentence structure. In order to justify myself and the language I just did some research and found Mark Twain's very witty remarks on the subject. He'd be pretty upset to hear that in recent years many of the rules he is mentioning have been re-adjusted.
All I can say is that studying German will probably protect you from premature brain deteriouration.