Austria continued:
The presentation, given under the influence of acute heat-induced brain damage (reversible?) was an instructive experience. Let me briefly describe the setup, so if you ever find yourself in a similar situation you know what to expect: I was asked to give a presentation on teaching, without actually teaching a class. So far so good.
My problem was caused mainly by something I want to call "instinctual conflict" or "conflicting instincts". The presentation had all the elements of a performance or a lecture. That's what instinct number one said. And the rewarding aspect of lecture or performance is that I am always right. Until we leave the room, that is. Like sci-fi movies and politics they are ruled by a mandatory "suspense of disbelief". This, however, was also a job interview (instinct number 2 speaking). And as such it required modesty (jacket) and humility. And now that I think about it, I don't even know what to advise, should you ever find yourself in my place..... I guess it would be advantageous to research the clothing customs in the area. Other than that, it's probably best to listen to the master
Should you need aditional advice feel free to contact me.